Thursday, May 2, 2013

State of the Garden - May 2

Here is the second in the series of posts on my yard that I have decided to do on the monthly basis in order to document changes that are happening in the 30 day intervals.
This is what the garden used to look like a month ago, on April 2.

April 2
And here is what it looks like now...

May 2
Since then, I have trimmed some shrubs, moved some planters around. Cleaned up fallen branches and last year's foliage. Grass and flowers have sprouted as have the weeds that are now showing their messy little heads. By the time we are back from the trip they will have taken over the yard, but I will worry about it later. For now it is just pleasant to enjoy the beauty of nature that is finally waking up after the long and cold winter.

Chives - we already had them in a stew

This will grow to be one of the largest hostas I have ever seen - we have a total of 8 lining the path to the shed


No comments:

Post a Comment