Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tallboy Dresser/Desk -Painted with Chalk Paint








I have obviously heard about chalk paint and all it's benefits before, but have never used it before. The reason for it being that there is no store in my vicinity that sells it and I generally don't like online shopping. Probably because when I decide to buy something I want to take it home right away. I am impatient like that.
A friend of mine happened to have a can left over from her previous project and was kind enough to pass it on to me. This is how it happened that this particular piece was painted in Annie Sloan Paris Grey chalk paint. Working with chalk paint was easy, and it is true, it adheres well even on surfaces that have not beed roughened up beforehand. Generally I don't do that as I like to prep the surfaces I am about to work on, so this dresser/desk was my guinea pig. And it worked. It went on perfectly smoothly and covered really well.  Starting this project I was not sure what to expect but have to admit that I am perfectly happy with the result.
When it comes to this dresser, it makes a perfect multi-purpose storage especially for smaller spaces. Not only can it double as a mini desk, but can also serve the purpose to hide all the entertainment components, not to mention the potential of converting it into a little liquor cabinet. Cheers to that!!
For more info on dimensions and shipping details, please check my Etsy page.

No comments:

Post a Comment