Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Red Tallboy Dresser - Painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Mix






I recently got my hands on some amazing product and tools, Chalk Paint, brushes and waxes by Annie Sloan and decided to experiment by mixing some colours to create a custom, one of a kind finish for my furniture. Here is the first "mixed" piece from the Chalk Paint series. I blended equal parts of Emperor's Silk red and Barcelona Orange and ended up with a deep "paprika" color. It is so vibrant and it reminds me of a beautiful sunset. Chalk Paint is great in its qualities as it allows you to paint over various surfaces and covers super easily. Where reds and oranges by other brands require many coats and are relatively thin and runny, Chalk Paint is thick and has great coverage. I protected the piece with several coats of clear wax and used dark wax in spots to accentuate the features. This is just the beginning of my Chalk Paint adventure and there are many more fun things to come. This piece is now listed in my Etsy store and is up for grabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment