Wednesday, May 13, 2015

$3 Investment That Makes a Difference



I love changing things around in my house. It is a part of who I am and I have been doing this for as long as I can remember, even as a kid in my parent's home. They would come back from work and find the living room furniture re-arranged.  By chaining the look and feel of rooms as often as I do, you are bound to make mistakes more often than not, but that is how we learn and get to know ourselves and our tastes better.
Our bathroom is predominantly white and about a year ago we injected some colour by introducing the small orange storage bins from Ikea. The impact was there but I wasn't 100% sold on it and was a tad bit lazy to go  back to the store to exchange them, not for the price of them at least ($.99 each). Yesterday afternoon I went back to Ikea to look for a patio table for our yard (which, by the way, is also undergoing a bit of a makeover) and purchased identical bins, but this time in white (still at $.99). The change is quite apparent and the look a lot calmer. It just goes to show that even the smallest investment in your decor can make quite the significant impact to your space. Here is to easy and economical updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment